I already have an email list; can I use it?
Depends how you acquired those email addresses. Please see our Privacy and Anti-Spam Policies for more information.
Can’t I just send emails to lists from my own email account?
You could, but then you’d be risking :
- tarnishing your reputation (being classified in the same group as spammers is no fun)
- being blacklisted by ISPs
- not being able to send out ANY email from any email address associated with your website’s domain name
- being fined up to $16,000 per email address by the FTC
…is it worth the risk?
Besides, Connect by Email offers better perks, including :
- sleep-well-at-night security; you know your emails are delivered reliably
- reporting stats and charts that tell you who is doing what with your emails
- professional-looking designs that give your emails that certain polish and professionalism you’re looking for
What if I have a question or a problem?
Our Connect by Email system has a handy Help system that will answer most questions. Remember, we’re also here should you need us. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I get a subscription form or a listing of sent newsletters to put on my website?
Absolutely. The code for subscription form and archives listings are available right from within your account – you can give those to your webmaster, or we can put those on your site. Contact us for more information.
Can you make my email template look like my website?
Alright, I’m sold – now how long does it take to get an account?
When you sign-up, a real-live human checks over your submission and sets up your account. Generally speaking, it takes less than a couple of business days to get your login information.
Why does it take that long? Why can’t I just get an account right away?
First and foremost, we want to keep our client’s accounts safe and their email lists whitelisted. We manually check every account setup request to make sure we’re not allowing anyone in with malicious intentions to SPAM. Second, we want you started quickly, but we also want to help your email campaign succeed by paying special attention to the initial design details and strategy. We’re sorry that we can’t support instant setups, but we believe that we offer a superior product by saving you time and money in the long run.